Friday, February 4, 2011

Project 52 Week 4

I really like taking candid photos of people.  I think you learn so much more about them in a candid photo than you ever could in a posed shot.  People have a tendency to hide their insecurities and faults to the best of their ability when they know a camera is pointed at them.  A candid shot allows you to see the rough edges, the hidden beauty, a more real truth about the subject.

Here's a candid I shot last week.  I like the look of concentration on his face, the intensity you can see in his eyes.  His body language suggests he doesn't necessarily agree with what's being said.  He wants to say something he thinks he shouldn't.  Or he knows more than is being communicated and is literally keeping his mouth shut.  Of course, that's just my take.  What do you think? 

No comments: