Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Discards

I got a little carried away with the theme for this week's Project 52 challenge.  I had all kinds of ideas, and couldn't settle on just one, so I went ahead a shot a few of them.  I used what I thought was my best photo for the challenge, but here are some others that I liked.

I like the perspective of this shot, but it didn't quite convey the starkness that I wanted for the theme.


I like the tones in this one.  Again, just not quite what I was looking for.

 At one point I considered doing "This Used To Be My Playground" as my challenge song, but decided that the pictures I got didn't communicate the wistfulness of the song the way I wanted them too.  The exposure was a little off, as well, so I was a bit limited with what I could do with them post production.  A more skilled user of photoshop might have fared better.  I do like these photos, but not for that song.

I have to say that  I am loving doing this project so far.  It's so much fun to try to creatively interpret the theme for the week.  Creative photography is an area that I really do need to work on.  I tend to be a pretty practical, straightforward kind of person, and I find that trait transferring to my photography.  I'm hoping that this project will  help me to develop a greater sense of whimsy in my photography.

No comments: