Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Need Some Inspiration

The theme for this week's Project 52 is "Shades of Gray".  I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.  I mean, it would be easy enough to take a picture and convert it to black and white and be done with it, but I'm really making an effort to be as creative as possible with these photo assignments, because otherwise, what's the point.

I tried to take some macro shots of snowflakes, but that didn't go very well, mostly because I don't yet have a true macro lens.  I may go for a creepy Alfred Hitchcock-esque kind of thing, with the crows that like to fly into the city at night.  We'll see.  In the mean time, here's a black and white portrait I took a few weeks ago. 


I like how on the right side of the picture, the shadows and light make one of those things that looks like a face from both perspectives.  Does that make sense?  What are those things called?

No comments: